We Will Probably Never Meet by Ryan Gilmartin, James Monaghan and Boundless Theatre in association with Eastern Angles and Peshkar.
We Will Probably Never Meet is a new project bringing 15-25 year olds in Peterborough, Spalding and Bermondsey, London together with professional artists via Zoom, phone calls and telephone systems to create a brand new piece of telephone-theatre. We Will Probably Never Meet is led by Ryan Gilmartin and James Monaghan.
If you’re aged 15-25, and based in Peterborough, Spalding and Bermondsey or the surrounding areas, we’d love you to get involved! It’s completely free to take part in the workshops (you even get a £20 voucher of your choice at the end of the project). All you need is a device you can video call on and a stable internet connection.
Need to know
- Free to take part
- Online workshops once a week on Thursdays
- Timings to be confirmed – we’ll ask your availability in the sign-up form
- Workshops last around 2.5 hours
- Places for 10 participants per area
- You will need a device that you can video call on, and a stable internet connection
- There is no audition and you don’t need any experience at all
- Opportunity to connect with new people and explore new ideas
- You will get a performer credit on a project with two recognised artists
- £20 voucher of your choice at the end of the process as a little thank you for your work!
Ryan Gilmartin is an actor, theatre maker & video DJ. He's made work for the likes of the National Theatre, the Royal Exchange & Sheffield Crucible.
James Monaghan makes live art & contemporary theatre, often straying into areas of digital misuse. His work draws upon and subverts the traditional craft, tools and structure of dramaturgy, experimenting with form and radical DIY methods as a way of framing authenticity and shared experiences. It’s live, risky and often humorous.
James has performed & facilitated projects all over the UK, Europe, India and Canada; and collaborated with artists/companies including Quarantine, Common Wealth Theatre & Sonia Hughes.